Summary Of Job Description:
An Ocean Health Intern is required to undertake research, analysis and knowledge work on waste management, focused on the fisheries sector. This will support implementation of ADB's Action Plan for Healthy Oceans and Sustainable Blue Economies, with specific focus on understanding challenges and solutions to marine debris and associated waste management issues from the fishing sector and ports.
It is expected that the outputs from the assignment links and contributes to the work on circular economy, green ports, and marine plastics, which the Environment Thematic Group conducts.
What You Will Do
- Literature review of status and trends of pollution from the fisheries sector.b.
- Summary of good practices in the fisheries sector.c.
- Presentation of research findings to ADB staff, including a summary report and blog.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program specializing in environmental management, natural resources management, public health, sustainable development, or other relevant discipline.
- Work experience in environmental management, sustainable development, or related field.b. Research experience on international development in any of the following fields - Environmental management, resource management, sustainable development, or related fields.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Skills in report writing and communication.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2020, 6:00 pm