What You Will Do
- Support the update and development of background materials for the PSW outreach.
- Participate in the outreach programs (via teleconference) to Resident Missions of eligible DMCs under the pilot PSW and to potential private sector recipients in coordination with Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD).
- Prepare summary notes and issues matrix raised during the outreach programs.
- Assist the review of eligible PSW applications and its adherence to the development finance institution (DFI) Blended Finance (BF) Principles.
- Review the additionality component of the application against the additionality framework.
- Develop a systematic means of determining minimum concessionally in transactions.
- Distill information how the proposed transaction is exhibiting commercial sustainability.
- Examine how the transaction is effectively addressing market failure.
- Look into how the application is promoting high standards.
- Develop a central database for tracking PSW applications highlighting its adherence to the BF Principles.
- Prepare a project summary or primer for each of the PSW applications.
- Participate in the meetings convened by the Blended Finance Committee (BFC) in the review of prospective as an observer, prepare issues matrix for internal discussion.
- Assist in the preparation of background materials on PSW relating to policy, guidelines, and frameworks.
- Assist in developing a training module that incorporates the BF Principles in the lending practices of selected financial intermediaries and micro-finance institutions in group A countries.
- Assist in other activities relating to the implementation of the KSTA.
Sound understanding of the:
- BF Principles and how these are incorporated in the structuring of PSW and nonsovereign transactions.
- Key issues considered by the BFC when reviewing blended concessional finance transactions.
- Processing of NSO transactions with concessional financing support including PSW.
- Understanding of the blended finance solutions offered under the PSW.
- Implementation of a KSTA.
Intern is expected to deliver a report on an agreed BF topic and deliver an ADB-wide presentation at the end of the internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in finance, business, economics, and law.
- Previous background in commercial banking or investment banking or corporate finance advisory services will be advantageous.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:7th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm