What You Will Do
The proposed intern shall carry out the following tasks, but not limited to:
- In close communication with the supervisor, develop research methodology and analytic framework.
- Carry out desktop research to map out TVET programs, institutions, and facilities relevant to tourism development, including informal/non-institutionalized skill training programs particularly on tour guides, hospitality services, craft-making (e.g. one-village one-product), culinary, and other skills that are relevant to local job creation and economy improvement through Buddhist circuit tourism development in India.
- Research on policy and any other incentive mechanisms developed in India for tourism related TVET and other types of skills training programs/providers in India.
- Develop survey questionnaires to gain in-depth understanding the quality, diversity, and other aspects of these existing programs and facilities.
- Identify and reach out these programs providers to conduct surveys.
- Based on survey results, carry out thorough analysis against the developed analytic framework.
- Research international best practices on TVET and other types of skills training programs/providers worldwide that help tourism development that will lead to local economic development and extract determinant factors for success.
- Based on the research and assessment, prepare recommendations for improving TVET and other types of skills training sector for Buddhist circuit tourism development in India.
- Prepare internship report and presentation on research findings.
- Hold a presentation to ADB staff.
- Tourism-related TVET and other types of skills training sector mapping in India.
- Best practices of TVET and other types of skills training programs and providers worldwide for sustainable tourism development.
- Recommendations for India TVET and other types of skills training sector for Buddhist circuit tourism development.
These outputs would contribute to the development of sub-project components on local job creation as a part of the Buddhist circuit development loan projects in India.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Social Science, Anthropology, Sociology, Education, Regional Development, Community Development, Tourism Development, and any other relevant field.
- Must demonstrate strong research and analytic skills and experience.
- Shall have sufficient experience in surveys and interviews for social sector research.
- Experience in tourism development and tourism-based local job creation and local economy development research would be an asset.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:7th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm