Arcadis - Philippines
- To develop industry knowledge of international design standards through internal technical training, certifications and continuing education.
- To acquire the technical knowledge and practical skills through involvement with various projects.
- To provide technical support into assigned projects under the professional supervision from Design Engineers, Lead Engineers, and/or Principal Engineers.
What You Will Do
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Learn and apply technical engineering techniques and methods using international design standards such as Australia, UK, US, and Middle East Electrical Design Codes.
- Prepare drawing markups, calculations, schedules, and other design related documents and other tasks assigned by the AE, DE, SE and PE as required.
- Apply engineering solutions, techniques and methods to design of electrical business solutions in the following areas - HV power systems analysis, HV transmission and distribution substations primary electrical design, HV transmission and distribution protection systems analysis and design, earthing system analysis and design, etc.
- Participate in the resolution of technical issues.
- Liaise with other disciplines within the Energy and Resources Project Team for coordination and ensure all requirements are understood.
- Regularly liaise with the PE, Design Managers and Associate Technical Director to keep informed of all developments or changes associated with the project.
- Deliver technically complete design documentation, summary reports and technical reports for Design Managers.
- Learn and apply BIM Technologies such as Revit, MicroStation, Bentley Substations and emerging technology.
- Record man-hour charges accurately into weekly timesheets and ensure correctness of project and non-project man hour charges.
- To be fully utilized - Always seek new work/tasks from Mentor/Supervisor.
People Management Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for defined tasks within prescribed limits.
- Gain experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures.
- Become familiar and compliant with Health and Safety regulations and guidelines.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from recognized University.
- Belong to the top 20% of the engineering class.
- Licensed Registered Electrical Engineer (REE).
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills applied in engineering calculations.
- Ability to provide solutions to technical problems.
- Interest in gaining experience and skills in both technical and commercial areas.
- Committed to become proficient in the power systems design, analysis and calculations.
- Basic skills in AutoCAD, Revit and BIM environment.
- Committed to become proficient in using the following engineering software: ETAP, EMTP, CDEGS, Revit, MicroStation, Bentley Substation and Microsoft Software.
- Actively continue to develop personally and technical knowledge and new emerging technology through regular CPD training.
Closed 2 months ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:28th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm