Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
South-East Asia Local Talent Diversity Program (LTDP):
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business.
In its 3rd year of success, the LTDP program focuses on hiring diverse and local talent in the SEA countries. This program has helped us:
- Attract graduates and fresh talent into the local workforce.
- Create opportunities for overseas graduates/new talent wanting to return to their home country and contribute to the local economy and develop resources for the local banking environment.
- It also gives an opportunity to work and gain experience in the “World’s Best Bank” and “Asia’s best bank for Corporate Social Responsibility” – all recent awards by Euro money.
Current opportunities exist across different lines of businesses within our Global Banking and Markets groups, Global Technology and Operations groups and Control Functions as well.
12 months contract role. We generally aim to offer 2 rotations with the 1st rotation after 6 or 9 months in the role.
This is done to help:
- Gain exposure to a wider area of banking.
- Provide sufficient length of time in one role to be able to contribute meaningfully.
- Well defined compensation and benefits package.
What You Will Do
The local talent development trainee will become a member of the Finance Team of Bank of America NA Manila Branch for one (1) year. He/She will be supervised by the Country Controller. As a member of the Finance team he/she will be learning about the various functions of Finance and will be tasked to handle various responsibilities listed as follows:
- The local talent development Trainee will be responsible for assisting the team in preparing reports as required by local regulatory bodies.
- Reports include preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual external reports such as but not limited to - BSP, PDIC and SEC reports, Internal and external tax computation and reporting, Tax filing and preparation of other tax-related reporting requirements such as in audit/assessment, Renewal of business license, registration, municipal requirements.
- Assist the Lead Financial Analyst during internal and external audits such as but not limited to BSP, BIR, PDIC, PwC and other regulatory bodies.
- Assist team members on other allocated work to benefit the department and internal or external clients as required.
- Assist team members in handling ad hoc projects as needed.
- Act as reliever for other members of the team.
- All other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Business degree in Accounting or any business related course (preferably a Certified Public Accountant).
- 0-1 year experience in financial and managerial accounting and regulatory reporting.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Excel and Word required.
- Good understanding of accounting policies, internal controls, practices and general policies, procedures, guidelines and regulatory reporting requirements prevalent in the banking industry.
- Analytical and systematic with strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of local financial reporting standards.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and liaise with concerned groups.
- Ability to plan and coordinate schedules in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills a must, proven problem solving skills, well organized and has the ability to prioritize.
- Conducts detailed research and analysis to determine appropriate methods for addressing the causes of issues.
- Self-monitors achievement of results according to work plans.
- Independently solves problems and makes recommendations.
- Well organized and has the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, flexible and a team player.
- Works effectively and maintains collaborative relationships with team members and that of the other departments.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:20th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm