Produce written news and other articles as needed for KVH Media Group Editions in the required level of quality. Responsible for the complete and regular production of any assigned content, including the maintenance of its style guide, supporting data and other editorial tools.
Contribute actively to the planning and production of special editions and other editorial content. Work effectively with the editorial, IT and administrative staff to ensure smooth daily operations and attain the KVH Media Group's objectives.
What You Will Do
- Source news articles and as necessary conduct brief research on national, local, international and sports articles. Select which articles may be ideal for particular editions based on editorial guidelines.
- Edit news items for legibility and style.
- Transmit the finished articles within the prescribed schedule.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Above average knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Competent in News and Sports Writing in English including the customs on structure and styles as practiced by the major news organizations such as Agence France Presse and Associated Press.
- Competent in Editing and Styling news for different readership standards using American, British and other norms of English news writing.
- Competent in comprehending, transcribing and summarizing articles into shorter versions without losing the quality and nuance of the content.
- Computer literate and able to understand and work with standard and custom software and applications for sourcing, editing, uploading and styling news articles.
- Able to work within deadlines in a team atmosphere, following instructions by superiors and maintaining rapport with other staff.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:9th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm