Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, love to learn, and are excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver.
We are growing, and we are looking for Associate / Entry Level Back-End Engineers to complete our team.
What You Will Do
As an Associate Back-End Software Engineer, you will:
- You will build best in class apps, APIs and data solutions to drive projects.
- Applying creative problem solving that bring software designs to life.
- Designing, coding, unit testing and integrating new features and functionality as defined by the PO and team.
- Learn and apply agile principles and methodology.
- Assisting in the development of automated test harnesses as necessary to ensure delivery of high-quality code.
- Updating progress daily through the tracking tool (Jira) or Kanban board.
- Assisting with any required documentation e.g., deployment, maintenance, support and business needs.
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Participating in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions. We need and value fresh ideas!
- Participating in the weekly meetings to assist the Product Owner to refine the Product Backlog including providing initial estimates.
You will be learning and working with:
- Languages such as Express, NodeJS, GraphQL, Kafka and/or similar technologies, and Java (Spring Boot).
- Technologies such as React, Mongo, CosmosDB, Unit testing frameworks, Cucumber, BDD, etc.
- Working with SOAP, REST, Microservices, and Event-Driven services.
- Learning about Manulife’s Agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features.
- Cloud Foundry and Azure Kubernetes as well as other components supporting a highly automated engineering platform
- As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open-source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:17th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm