The selected candidate will thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment working in a global role in members of the APP team in the Philippines, China, India, Malaysia, Taiwan and the USA. This role is expected to deliver technical contribution to the APP Product Lines with focus on Production Sustaining and Operational Improvements. These key objectives will be achieved through innovative development work to drive excellence in operations for the APP business. This position offers a great opportunity to work with multiple businesses in a very broad environment impacting the entire APP business.
Qualified candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering (or related engineering field). The candidate must demonstrate strong communications skills and which will enable him/her to engage effectively with individual teams and large groups, both in writing and verbally in a global environment at all levels in the organization.
The successful candidate should have the innate ability and desire to work autonomously and be self-driven while also being flexible to complete projects which require a team or team-work based approach. Possessing the ability to work both autonomously and in a team oriented structure with equal effectiveness is highly desirable. The successful candidate will also possess the knowledge required to access relevant data, interpret the data, and utilize appropriate and accurate data interpretation to influence and gain commitment for their ideas. A track record for being data oriented is a key quality for this role.
What You Will Do
- Support development and implementation of strategies to achieve profitability targets on assigned product lines through cost reduction projects, capacity expansion and yield enhancement projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of engineering activities associated with portfolio management.
- Take ownership for resolving customer quality and application issues on assigned product lines.
- Lead and facilitate cross functional teams for problem solving. This includes coordination activities with Product Engineers in other TI Sites to achieve common goal.
- Take a leadership role to establish relationships with key contacts in wafer fabrication and assembly manufacturing sites to ensure strong communication and effective problem solving.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor's Degree in engineering preferably in Electronics/Computer/Electrical/Microelectronics Discipline.
- Experience in electronics and semiconductor industry is an added advantage.
- Possess a strong understanding of electronics theory - applications and circuit analysis.
- Strong background and understanding of programming - Visual C++, Visual Basic and SQL.
- Experience or familiarity with data analysis and data visualization software/tools would be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with bench equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies, multimeter etc.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Strongly driven to produce results in a timely manner and having a strong sense of competitive urgency.
- Must be willing to travel overseas for training and assignments.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
- Closing Date:27th Dec 2019, 6:00 pm