Do you want more challenges? Do you want more opportunities? Even more, do you want the chance to make an impact with the lives of others? We want more people like you. When you join us as a Customer Service Advocate for Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our health plan members each day as they look to you as their trusted advisor and advocate.
You'll be empowered to compassionately deliver an exceptional experience to between 50 to 70 callers per day always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. You'll help them make informed decisions about their care services by answering their questions, resolving their issues or helping them enroll in and/or select a health plan.
You'll do this by developing and maintaining a productive relationship and interaction with all callers, while providing personalized, and consultative education and information. Here, you'll join us on a mission to deliver the best customer service in the healthcare industry. Period. Your compassion and customer service expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life's best work.
What You Will Do
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquiries and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence.
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to include managing their health and well-being by selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider.
- Intervene with care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed.
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member.
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues.
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre-authorizations or pre-determination requests.
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance.
Required Skills and Abilities
- College graduate of a 4 year course.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manners, consistently meeting commitments).
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member.
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations.
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon.
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities.
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:4th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm